Wednesday 12 May 2010

Letting agents

So, had two more letting agents in this morning. First one I wasn't overly sure about. Bit 'laisse faire' and wasn't sure we'd reach our asking price. And was charging 12% (which although negotiable I don't think was going to go down too much). The second (Coopers) was very good and a lot more impressed with them. Spent an hour with me going through the ins and outs. Apparently they are gagging for properties to let a the moment. This is reflected by the amazingly generous 7.5% charge they are offering at the moment. I've got to be honest, I think we may have a winner! The proof of the pudding, of course, will be in the eating. But we've got to go with someone. I think I'll ask Nick our opposite door neighbour as they apparently manage his rentals. It would be good to get a reference. At 7.5% we might even manage to make a few quid a month rather than just break even!

No comments:

Post a Comment