Wednesday 5 May 2010

Only ninety nine days to go

Well, that seems like a bit of a milestone for some reason. Not sure why. But time is flying along and there's still a lot to do. Things should become slightly clearer as Crown Relocations come round this afternoon to tell us what we can fit into 110cubic feet of storage. Not much I'll bet!
On another topic, the family went up to Ashridge yesterday to see the extraordinary display of bluebells that appear in the woods every year at around this time. It got me to thinking that this would be one of the things I'd miss about living in the UK. So I thought I start a couple of pages about what I'll miss and what I won't miss while I'm away. I'm sure once we're actually over there the list will change somewhat dramatically. But until then, Ashridge is the first entry on the list of things to miss.
I'll be adding others when I think of them and I expect there will be quite a lot, on both sides!
Luckily, T's parents have said they'll come up and babysit the kids while we jolly off to London to meet up with the rest of this year's Tanglin recruits. It'll be really good to meet them in a familiar place, without the inevitable stresses and strains of having moved overseas with two young children.  Should be fun with any luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment