Monday 21 June 2010

Fibre Optics

We hear a lot about how Asia is leading the way when it comes to technology. I'm looking forward to the way things are shaping up for broadband in Singapore. It will quite probably change the way we watch TV, listen to music and watch films. Not to mention actually being able to Skype etc. without the camera connection conking out all the time! Find out more here Open Net in Singapore
At some point in the near future I should be able to access 1Gbps speeds. By 2012 95% of the island (yes an entire country) will have coverage. And it's already ahead of schedule. Impressive stuff. I wonder how that would work in the UK? Well, I don't really because it wouldn't. And won't for the foreseeable I should imagine as the current Government has got other things on their plate without having to worry about that sort of expense. I can see coming back to the UK being frustratingly slow when it comes to get online in the future. Let alone wanting to carry on doing everything I got used to doing in Singapore. However, the exciting bit is actually being in a position to experience that in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment