Sunday 14 November 2010

Thunderbolts and lightning.....

very, very frightening meeeee (to the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen). Well, not me, but it scares the kids and we've had a real doozy this afternoon. Some quality forked lightening and thunder to make your ears bleed or wake up the kids. Both of which take some doing. Started about midday and hasn't finished rumbling away to itself at time of posting some two hours later. I don't tend to blog much about the weather because it's pretty standard fair. Sunny with thunderstorms.... every day. Before I came out here and I had a weather widget on my phone for Singapore, I thought it just wasn't updating properly. 31C, Sunny with expected thunderstorms.... every day. But, now I'm here, that's exactly what happens. Granted you get the odd day that is a roaster with no cloud or rain, but they are few and far between. Mostly it's quite predictable. Currently I've got the boy asleep on the sofa as he needed a cuddle to protect from the thunder. It was really crashing in! Goodness knows how Z has slept through it! And here it comes again. I thought it had subsided but it was just gathering itself for another burst. Great to listen to!

1 comment:

  1. The weather widget on my phone shows a cloud, with rain, and a big question mark in front of it. Everyday. My husband and I think it's pretty funny.

    Flora

    ReplyDelete