Wednesday 21 April 2010

No kids today

Thanks to the grandparents I've had the chance to make phone calls and send emails uninterrupted today. What a luxury. It all gets a bit more real everyday. Today I spoke to an old mate at Crown Relocations. He's an account manager there and as it was already one of the recommended companies to go with, well, I can't really see any point in not using them. I've already had a whole bundle of info from them and some phone calls. It's made me feel more at ease with the move already. They'll be with us from door-to-door. Richard's said he'll make sure we're well taken care of when we get to Singapore (or S'pore as everyone seems to spell it), which is nice as I can imagine we'll need it! However, knowing Rich, it'll probably involve being taken to some of the more dubious parts of Singapore!
I think we might get more room than we thought for shipping which is good. Can take all the cooking stuff with after all. And it takes less time to ship than I thought. 4-5 weeks apparently. One other company was quoting 7-9 weeks door-to-door!
Unsurprisingly the only phone call which didn't bare any fruit was the one to HMRC. They didn't even pick up the phone. I let it ring for ten minutes. Probably got too many people stuck in The Ash to pick up regular calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment