Wednesday 7 July 2010

The day before.....

..... shipping day.
T has the day off and we're making the most of being able to pack and get ready for our belongings to be shipped to Singapore tomorrow (sans kids). Madness I tells ya! We seem to have done OK as me being able to Blog would testify to. It really doesn't seem that much when it comes down to it although there's still a shed load (or two) to get rid of before we disappear. I'm sure once the shipping has gone it will soon become apparent what stays and what goes.... let's hope so!
They're turning up between 1-3pm tomorrow so it still gives me the morning to worry about whether we've got everything we need. Listen to me, it sounds like we're going to live in Outer Mongolia or something (which is very nice apparently but not over-endowed with convenience stores I believe). We are in fact off to Singapore which, quite probably, has one of the highest proportion of shops per head in the world! I don't think we're likely to suffer from lack of choice somehow, just lack of money (but no lack of will to consume!).
Rather well timed is the fact that arriving between 8am-1pm is the Gas engineer to (hopefully), test our appliances and present us with our Landlords certificate. If he finds something wrong (and the boiler is pretty old, mind), then more money will be thrown at another problem and get resolved I'm sure.
So that means I'm stuck in the house between about 8am and 5pm.
Lummox!

No comments:

Post a Comment