Thursday 8 July 2010

"Hello, my name's Nick!"

"I am your friendly gas man and here is my ID. I'm going to give you your Landlord's certificate."

He looked very proud of his ID badge. Fingers crossed we get the certificate out of him today. We'll find out in about two hours. There's already a bit of sawing going on in the bathroom where the boiler is. Don't know how encouraging that is, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough!

We now have a long piece of copper piping pointing down our outside wall. It's connected to the pressure outlet valve apparently and it points down the wall so that people won't be sprayed by boiling water when they're sitting on the roof terrace (yes, a roof terrace, not decking). Which I guess would be preferable to a quick poaching whilst trying to enjoy a glass of wine.

So far, so good with the boiler he says. It's passed it's emissions test which is the main thing. I'm happy already. I felt sure the old boiler (it's at least fifteen years old) would have a real issue trying to pump out those nasty gases but , no, apparently not.

Gas fire and hob next. Goodness knows how old that fire is but shouldn't be a problem.....

No problem at all and we've passed with flying colours. Our Landlord's Certificate will be in in the post! Hurrah for British Gas (I've never said that before)!

No comments:

Post a Comment