Thursday 21 October 2010

You must be choking

As I got up and out from my delightfully air conditioned room this morning I rapidly became aware of the even more acrid nature of the smoke haze. I'm not sure whether its because I had been protected from it in my chamber or whether it has got worse over night. Certainly the kids have developed snotty noses and croaky throats. According to sources on Facebook it's the worst it's been since 2006. It's definitely getting more difficult to see some of the more distant HDBs. Hopefully it won't get any worse!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

2 comments:

  1. We don't open our windows at all and just run the a/c 24/7. Protects us from that (and the dust from the construction noise next door, and flying insects). Sadly it does run a pretty penny in electricity, but my husband has very bad asthma so for us, it's the right call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it has got worse ... and even more so now it is the afternoon.

    PSI of 80 is still considered 'moderate'???

    for those of us with any respiratory illness (asthma etc) it is bad at 50 ... so don't go telling me 80 is still considered a 'moderate' level.

    I always have the doors and windows open, but like the comment above, today I have finally succumbed to the A/C even if the power bill will increase .... my health is far more important.

    I heard today from friends that it worse out here on the West Coast area....

    hang in there and lets hope we get some breezy days SOON!!

    ReplyDelete